Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

More tables!



A couple of weeks ago I finished up another project for the Docs.  I'm having such a good time helping them furnish their new home!  Thankfully, they like the "sophisticated, rustic" look - much easier when you don't have to worry about dings and dents in material!

Well, you remember that I finished up the coffee table with the classy legs.



Those legs were the most expensive material I've ever used on a piece of furniture!  So, for the end tables I made, we went with a different style - same finish and same 2x material, just slightly different base.  Design and plans from Ana-white.com.


The finish is the same as the coffee table, conditioner, dark walnut stain, sand, weathered oak stain, sand, white wash, sand, combination of dark walnut and weathered oak stains, sand, 3 coats of polyurethane in satin finish.


See the X design on the sides?  Angles and math involved here - ugh!  And, you can sure see the whiteish/gray on the base.  It really didn't look like that when I was working on it!





And, here they all are together!


Two more, for another room, to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!