Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Baby Doc

We have a new baby in the family!  I wish I could share a picture here, but just don't know how the Docs would feel about Baby Doc's picture being in what can be such a public space.  So, just trust me, he's adorable.

He was a bit early and the Docs were not quite ready for him.  I was there last Saturday to help Daddy Doc finish up his bedroom.

His room is a tan color with gray furniture.  Accent colors are navy blue and a dash of red in the bedding.  There's a travel theme with airplanes and trains, and darling luggage shelving.

Here's what we added to the wall behind his crib:


I purchased 3/16 plywood, cut it into strips about 8" wide.  I found a Minwax stain called "Worn Navy" - it was perfect to make these new wood strips "old".  They are light weight so we just used the nail gun to shoot 1-3/4 inch nails through the ply, the drywall and grab into the studs.

It looks really nice - better than I anticipated!

Still some things to hang - the luggage shelving and other decorative things, but his bed is made and ready for him, whenever Mom and Dad are ready to move him out of the bassinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!