Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

My other pretty tables...

If you follow my posts you know how much fun I have in my garage, with all my tools, and all the lumber.  And, you know how much I like to build tables.  Big tables, small tables - doesn't matter, I like building them.  

Here're a couple of other tables I've recently built.

This one was built for a family friend.  Ultimately, it will hold a Christmas tree.  Until then, it will find a place in her home, and hopefully, be used well and loved!  

Nice solid top made from 2x fir material.  I planed each piece,
straightened the edges and joined each piece.  

It's finished with Minwax espresso stain.  It's dark and beautiful.  Then, it has layers and layers of rub-on polyurethane in a satin finish.

And, the pedestal is one of two that were on an old table purchased at a local thrift store.  
It's been finished in white chalk paint, distressed, and, again, layers of polyurethane in a matte finish.

The table is about 29" high, with a 28" top.  The circle was cut on my table saw - I love that circle cutting jig!  You get an circle that is 99% accurate!



Then, there's this little cutie.  I was recently gifted some amazing tools.  My neighbor had a Craftsman floor model drill press, floor model sander, and floor model band saw.  I wanted to try the new band saw and this little table was the perfect starter project!  


This is about 27" tall, and the top is 18" across. It's made entirely of 2x material.

The finish is Minwax espresso on the top.
The legs have been painted with white chalk paint and Annie Sloan dark wax.  

It's not perfect, but really cute.  I need to level up the legs a bit, but it's ready for a home, too.  I'm thinking it may take a ride up to northern California next time I head that way.  It just might be perfect in my granddaughter's room, right next to her reading chair.

Next project???  I think I'm going to make a tilt out trash can holder thingy that will also be making the trip north. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!