Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Making things for me! and getting closer to finishing my living room changes

One more thing for my “new” living room!  I’d found this beautiful canvas of an old world map and it was perfect for my new color scheme. But, it looked kind of puny on the wall.



 I found some old boards that I’d salvaged from a man who had saved every piece of wood that he had taken out of his home of over 50 years.  He and his wife were downsizing and needed to clear out his stash of old lumber and they called me to come get what I wanted!  SCORE!

Here's my map now.  Much better, I think. 


Oh, and I'm going to eventually, build a new fireplace surround for my electric fireplace.  And, I found these great chairs at my favorite thrift store for $75 each.  They are big and comfy, but fit me nicely. 

Next, to recover dining chairs, make the covering for the round table, and I'm making a new entry console so that I have some place to keep my gazillion pairs of glasses, and all the keys I have!  I have a beautiful new mirror in the entry, but I'm going to wait to show that until the console is finished! 

I hope you're enjoying summer - it's been hot and muggy here, but I love summertime!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!