Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My haven...

I've talked about my woodworking being really good therapy for me, but I've also come to think of my garage as a haven.  When I walk out the front door and into the garage I don't think about the dust on my furniture, the floors that need to be cleaned, the laundry waiting to be folded and put away or the dirty dishes.  And, yesterday I was reminded that I haven't been thinking much about my bills either!  I came home to a notice that my water had been turned off!!

I was dumbfounded - sure that I'd paid that bill.  But, nope, I checked my on-line banking records and sure enough the last time I paid my water bill was in October.  Strangely enough, I received my most recent bill yesterday, too.  It did show that I had an outstanding balance.  But, between Oct 14th and yesterday I didn't receive a reminder - and the rep assured me that they always send out a reminder.  I suppose it got lost with the original bill.

Well, darn.  I haven't been late on a payment like that in a long, long time.  I guess I need to spend more time in the house - and I will, just as soon as the Doc's wall unit is done, and my Christmas gifts are finished.  It looks like I'll have to start the New Year off with a resolution to take care of the business of living before I can escape to my hideaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!