Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tables - I love them!

Yep, I like building tables!  You take this simple wood and cut it and nail it, and sand it and stain it, and suddenly you have something to show for your hard work, that is so simply functional, and natural and beautiful.

The base for this table is big and hefty.  It definitely looks solid.   

The pictures are darker than the final finish, which is close to tables made for their living room and entry - kind of white-washed brownish-grayish.


The base is the same color as the top, but you sure can't tell from this picture!
Table made with 4x4s, 2x4s, and 2x6s.  Amazing what cheap basic lumber looks like all stained and pretty!

The top looks almost natural here, but it really is a brown-gray color.  
I've made a few tables now.  I don't have a favorite, but I did like this one.  The pictures aren't great, but the Docs have told me they love it.

And, a plus:
I needed some really long clamps to glue up this table top.  And, some time ago I had broken one of my long clamps-don't ask me how, it's heavy metal after all- so it was out of commission.
Hmmm... what to do?  Well, I fixed it, of course!
  And, it works!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!