Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

It's raining cats and dogs!

It has been raining for days. Here in Southern California rain is such an oddity that we don't quite know what to do, do we?  
I can't get motivated to work in the cold!  But, I did get out to the garage to make this special gift for my good friend who is a cat person!  I am not a cat person, and I am allergic to them, but I do tolerate her cats.  However, I think they've made it their life goal to make me love them because in a room full of people they always come rubbing their furry bodies up against me.  Ughhh...

I found the poster (on sale at Hobby Lobby) and I made a simple pine frame (from scraps), glued it all together with the poster inserted in the dado, then realized I should have stained or painted the frame before I put it all together!  I get in such a hurry to finish things!  So, I scrounged and found some gold leaf cream and silver rub-n-buff and just rubbed that on the different parts of the frame.  




I love how it turned out!  She liked it, too - now she just has to figure out where to hang it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!