Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

New Adventures - and a new TV stand

I have a wonderful neighbor that is beginning a new journey in life.  Yes, she's in her 70's but she's not letting her age keep her from trying something new - so good to see!

While Toni is keeping her home down the street from me, she is also leasing a condo about an hour and a half from our homes.  This change will bring her closer to her daughter's family, and she hopes to spend much more time with her 8 year old granddaughter.  

Since she's not selling her house, she needed to furnish this 2 bedroom condo.  There was a perfect niche for a television but because of the size it required something custom built to hold the TV.  

The result, although not a perfect fit, it's working for her now.  (I either measured wrong or the walls were more crooked than I anticipated! )  I'm going to be out of town for a few weeks but when I'm back I think I'll need to tweak that cabinet a bit!  Plus, I think she'll be adding a matching custom built floating shelf slightly above her TV.

Anyway, it looks just like she wanted it to.  White semi-gloss paint, warm silvery-brass handles.  It's a perfect spot for her TV, and it gives her lots of storage-something that is often pretty meager in rentals.  


Here's to a wonderful adventure, Toni!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!