Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pretty Corbels

Something sort of new that I worked on last year.  I'm always-well, most of the time-ready for a challenge. My daughter's friend is on the look out for corbels.  Since I'd attempted one this year, that turned out okay, I told her I'd make a couple and if she liked them she could buy them.  It was interesting making them. I used a pattern from another builder (prettyhandygirl.com).  I had to reset my band saw twice, and then one morning the blade snapped.  But, so worth the work to get that saw working again!   I like them. They were already rustic and "aged" looking (thanks to my sadly lacking band saw skills), but the old, chippy finish is just what logger-daughter's friend is looking for.  I hope to deliver these to her on my next visit - in a week or so if everyone, including me, can stay healthy (this flu is a real pain in the patooty!)




I think I like making things look old!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!