Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally!

Good grief!  It's been such a struggle - I don't ever want to do another big drawer!

After a couple of weeks of effort to get these 3 big drawers to work, I'm finally ready to say "DONE".  Not, perfect, mind you, but Done!

Now to the staining.  I'm not a finisher, and I'd said I wouldn't do the finish.  But, I hate to lug these things over to the house and leave them for someone else to smear the stain on them.  They can't be put in the room until they're stained and have a good coat of polyurethane on them and now's the time to do that!  So, I'm working on that and hope to get these things out of my garage soon!  They're being stained a deep, dark espresso color and I'll put a couple coats of semi-gloss poly on them.  When they 're finally ready to be installed I'll add a piece of trim on the few inches that will show on the left hand box, slide them into place, maybe connect them at the face frames, and call it done.  The cushion is up to my friend!

My bruises are finally healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!