Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let the Healing Continue...

Well, the news is good.  My finger is healing.  Amazing what a big band aid can do!  I'm going to lose a smidgen of the tip of my finger - as the Doctor told the nurse when she said something about necrosis, "That's not necrosis, nothing's dying - that part of her finger is just gone and it's healing."

So, same thing, change the dressing every few days, just clean it - no ointments or anything like that.  The wound is closing up, there's just about a 1 inch section that is still oozing a bit but I see the scab forming all around it so eventually it will move into that area, too.

The only area of concern is still the same - if it heals "too well" the skin may pull too tightly and impair the movement of the finger.  If that happens, he'll need to do something, but I didn't ask what!! I like this "wait and see and hope for the best" approach!.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.  I'm well on the way - although typing is still a struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!