Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Finally, An Easy Project!






Remember this?  The bed I made for my kids, the Docs?


Well, my sweet Doc DIL, recently asked me if I could make a headboard for them.  And, she knew just what she wanted.  She'd seen it on my favorite DIY blog, Ana-White.com.  The plan drawing looked like this (below), but she was hoping it could be stained to match their bed.  She wasn't in a hurry, she said she'd be happy to have it whenever I had time.

Reclaimed-Wood Headboard, Queen Size

Well, guess what?  She never asks me for anything and I was thrilled to be able to do something for her.

Here're some of the in-progress pictures and the final, in-place picture my son sent to me today (They picked it up, and it actually got installed today!)

All cut and ready to put together.

Joining the planks.

All together.
Adding some filler and prepping for stain.
First coat of Minwax
Espresso stain
Second coat.
Third coat going on!
Seeing the variations in the grain.

Here you may see the slight change I made to the plan.
I added another top piece and added a small decorative trim piece.
And, here it is!  I think I might make one for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!