Pages

Monday, October 29, 2018

It's Fall!!

Well, here we are again at the beginning of Fall.  This past summer was a scorcher, so I'm happy to welcome this season.  Happy for the cooler weather, and happy to work without sweat running into my eyes.  And, happy that there is work waiting for me to start!

Coming up, I'll be making two huge coffee tables for the Doc's other parents, Angie and Albert.  They have a huge new home with a massive sectional in the family room.  Originally, they wanted a table that was 54" wide by 104" long!  Can you imagine the walk you'd have to take to refill your wine glass???  I asked them to consider two smaller tables instead so that movement around the sofa/table area was not so restricted.  They did, and decided to go with two smaller tables at 44" x 44" square.  Hopefully, they will look something like this:



And, I'll be making a dog bed for little Penny Rose, the Doc's dog.

It should look like this:


Keep your fingers crossed that I can actually get them close!

I'm also going to be fixing and refinishing this hutch that once belonged to my Aunt Shirley.  When she passed away, I was able to take this hutch for my Logger Daughter.  It worked well in their tiny house.  Then they remodeled that house and it still worked well, but out in the garage as a secondary pantry area.  After that, it moved with them to their current home and became an entertainment center for their daughter's room.  I had to cut out a center shelf and cut a hole into the back.  Now, I'll be fixing it for my sis, who loves farmhouse type, sturdy, pretty, old looking (or old) furniture.  This will be great along side the pieces I've built for her.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!