Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trash Bin is Finished!

Way back in November of last year I started a projected at Logger Daughter's house.  It was the one thing that she asked me to build for her, and I was not able to finish it during that visit.  Then, I wasn't able to finish it on my last visit there either.  Truth be told, I didn't want to work on it - it wasn't square and I couldn't get the darned door cut to fit the opening!  But, the last time I was up there, I was determined to finish it.  I did, and it works.  That's about all I can say for it.

 

Here it is, still in the garage, but put together.  The trash can sits on a bottom "shelf" that is attached to the door, which is hinged (you can see the hinges in next picture).  I added stops so that the door doesn't just drop to the floor when the kids open it!  The back is open so that it's easy to clean out the container.


I know I've mentioned that I don't like finishing projects.  I don't have the skill or the patience for it.  But, I tried  to finish this for Logger Daughter.  Here it is in all it's glory!

First coat of stain with poly.

And, this is what the finished product looked like.  
I wonder if she still has it in the kitchen or if it's made its way to the burn pile???!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!