Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

Some Finish Work for the Loggers

When I left Logger Daughter's house the first of December, I told them I wouldn't be back until Spring!  It was so cold there the month of November and I realized that I cannot tolerate the cold weather.  Turns out it was a long winter!  But, finally, the stars aligned and I I was able get back up there.  I was able to see each of the boys play a couple of ball games, but I missed my granddaughter's track and field meet (I really hate T&F - the meets are all day long, and the person you're there to see is likely to only be doing something for about 15 minutes).  But, I did try out the three new restaurants in their little area - no way do I miss out on food and wine!

Some work did get done, too.  I'd started these things when I was there last, but there wasn't an opportunity to finish and install them (IT WAS TOO DAMN COLD FOR THE FINISH TO DRY!!)


This was a completely unusable cabinet - so me made drawers and floating shelves.  The drawers will hold things a bit more efficiently than the skinny shelves in the previous cabinet, and the open, floating shelves will display some pretty things.  


The laundry room is used constantly!  School, work, mucking pigs, chickens, dogs, hunting - there are piles and piles of clothes!  This new room is off their mud room, which is just off the front entry.  You can't see this room from the front door or entry so most of the laundry piles are out of site.  The hope with the builds in this room - the folding cabinets under the window and the shelf about the washer/dryer - is that clothing and cleaning supplies can be contained.  Anyway, it looks good when the clothes are all cleaned, folded and put away!!

And, I created a permanent desk area and shelving in her new little office.  No pictures of that because it's always a "working" office with lots and lots of stuff!

Next trip there will be a couple more things.  Maybe June...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!