Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nada, zip, nothing...

Well, I haven't received divine guidance regarding the drawers.

I really haven't had time to get back into the garage to work on the problem either.  After all, I did have to be available Monday night to pass out candy for Halloween, right?  I mean, I couldn't leave that job entirely up to Chinese Boy (CB) (Bobby's one-time name for Tony).  This was the first time he'd had this responsibility and I needed to make sure that he had a good understanding of what to do and when to do it.  There's just so much to know:  How quickly do you open the door; when you hear the kids, or when they ring the bell?  Do you try to scare them or just smile and laugh at their costumes?  Do you put the candy in their bags or let them reach in and grab?  How much candy do they get, a handful or just a piece?  If they look like they're 18 year old football players, do you give them candy or ask just what the heck they're doing trick or treating?

See what I mean?  It's not an easy task and, of course, I could not leave CB to do this on his own while I pondered the drawer problem! I had to be there.  And I was - in my PJs and bathrobe, sitting in my favorite chair, watching an old moving ("The In-laws" a funny, funny movie!).

Tuesday night I meet with my support group at the church.  I could have put some time in after that.  But, I wanted to be considerate of my neighbors and not subject them to my swearing the noisy drill - it was 9:30 at night.  They were all probably in bed!

So, tonight's the night.  I'm praying that between now and then the drawer fairies will be dancing around in my garage, doing their fairy magic, and that when I finally get the drawers remade and slide them into the drawer openings, THEY WILL, BY GOSH, SLIDE IN RIGHT!  (Those caps do not mean I'm angry, just that I'm just praying out loud!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!